Dry, Itchy Skin part 1

 

So I have dry, itchy skin and I'm always looking for something to help.  The other day while I was looking for recipes, I found a link to a "bath tonic."  It was a dead link and the only thing I know about it is that it contained hydrosol.


It sounded interesting and lovely so I thought I'd make on of my own.   Tonic means:

giving a feeling of vigor or well-being; invigorating.

So I thought, "What would give a feeling of well- being to my dry skin?"

I made a strong tea of spearmint, chamomile, honey and green tea.  I added in some lavender and tea tree essential oils, aloe vera and of course the rose hydrosol I had. 

I put this in my bath.  The results were ok.  It helped somewhat but didn't totally take the itchiness away.  

So back to the drawing board.  Maybe I should have used more? Or added an oil or maybe even the rose infused vinegar I have? I'll have to try again later.

Comments

Popular Posts