The Life of Plants in a Changing Environment

 The Life of Plants in a Changing Environment


The Life of Plants in a Changing Environment is a well-written, well thought out book written by several well-educated writers including a few with Phd's.  If you are interested in the effects of climate change, pollution, and stress on plants, or if this in your field of study, then this book is for you.

I found this book interesting as I love to grow my tiny garden but when my plants do not grow well or produce when or how I think they should, I am often left scratching my head. "Plants respond to these stresses in a variety of ways...Prolonged stress due to the unavailability of water decreases leaf size, stomatal openings, and water potential; delays fruiting and flowering; restricts plant productivity and growth; suppresses root growth; and reduces the viability, number, and size of seeds (Xu et al., 2016). Exposure to high and low light intensity reduces physiological processes and unfavourably influences the development and growth of plants."

This book is an extensive list of very important and relevant concerns that is worth our time and attention.

Click on the cover to go to Amazon

Comments

Popular Posts