Using dill in your skincare

Did you know that you can use dill for skincare?


Dill grows like crazy in my garden.  I never use all that I grow.  So what else can I use it for?  I found out that it has anti-aging benefits.  Here is the article if you would like to read it   According to the article, dill seed extract stimulates elastin and collagen synthesis because of the enzyme Lysyl oxidase which is present in dill seed extract but not dill seed oil.  It also increases the production of tropoelastin.  Tropoelastin molecules bind together to form elastin.

Making an extract is simple.  Below is a YouTube video.  Remember to use the seeds not the plant.


You can incorporate extracts into your skincare routine by using them in products such as toners, sprays or emulsions.  


Comments

Popular Posts